May 21, 2005

waiting and all that jazz...

John 11:5-6 Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. Yet when he heard that Lazarus was sick, he stayed where he was two more days.


There are times when I feel totally lost, totally alone and confused. I cry out and I wonder why God doesnt come rescue me RIGHT AWAY! Afterall if there was ever a time He should come in with the big guns this would be it....right?

~~~~
Imagine you've been told you are going to become King, but the excitement soon fades when the present king just keeps on going, in fact, this present king just seems to GROW in strength unstead of fading. Then, to make matters worse the king decides he wants to destroy you. From that day forward not only does your promise seem to be forgotten, but now you are on the defense constantly just trying to keep yourself and your family and friends alive.
In 1 Samuel 24 and 1 Samuel 26 David is given the opportunity to kill the king that is making his life miserable, who is keeping him from his promise. But he doesnt kill him. It seems like the Lord has "given" him these opportunities to help himself to "move things along"...to "help the promise happen", so why doesnt David go through with it?
Well, several reasons but what I find wonderful is that its GOD'S PROMISE and God will see fit to see it completed, without the "help" of His people.

There are times when I am tempted to "help the promise along" and there are times when I wonder at it taking so long, to the point where I start to think the promise will die before Saving comes....
But this is not the case.

It is because He loves me that he "waited two extra days"...it is because He loved me that He would let me be chased my a king who only wants my death and distruction, for He will be glorified in the wait, He will be glorified in the fight.
For the prince of this earth will fall, and promises will come to pass.

This is for all my dear ones who feel like they too are waiting in vain...

No comments: