July 20, 2005

scrub fashion and MORE!

EDIT: I almost forgot to give some props to Jared who came out of a long blogging break to complete the questionaire! :-)

my title sounds like a cheesy advertisment....but its not.

ummm...anyway....
I just read THIS
1 John :6-10 This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

Which reeeeally fit for today. Isnt it crazy cool how no matter HOW many times you read the Bible-it is constanly speaking to you as though it was the first time....shows what a slow learner I am ;-)
~~~

Wait, that wasnt why I was initially going to blog...hmmmm....ah yes, my new scrubs that Lydia asked about. For those of you that dont know, I have now been working for the radiologists since April and I only had ( counting in head) 4 different tops and two different pants options....booooooo! I was SO tired of them that when I got back from Italy I went shopping and bought three new tops and one new pair of pants.
The pants are black. The tops are bright electric blue, light lilic purple, and bright pink....nice cheerful colors in my opinion. :-)
In many ways I cant get used to the whole "wearing scrubs" thing about the medical field-its just so boring and hard to get motivated about. There is also a GREAT danger of falling prey to what I like to call "fashion peer pressure" that causes normal people with normal fashion sense to do stupid things like wear scrubs with Herbie the disney VWBeetle all over it...or Mickey mouse and friends....now, I say this with complete love for those who do the above act....I mean, it obviously has nothing to do with their NORMAL fashion sense....surely.
Its just a matter of being surrounded with other people wearing such silly scrubs all day- and then the bordom of your own bland waredrobe that pushes one to such extremes.
Buuut, luckily I had a feeling this might happen, so when I first got this job I told my sister she was not to allow me to buy scrubs that even slightly resembled childrens PJs....and sure enough last week I was EXTREMELY tempted to buy scrubs with Strawberry shortcake all over it....luckily I made it through that temptation unharmed. But, I know the longer I work here and the longer I see other people with such "fun" and "cheerful" scrubs I will be tempted again. The reason behind this steadfast rule is that I know that while OTHERS may be able to pull off such outfits, kind of like schoolteachers pulling off the vest with festive buttons all over it with matching stretch pants....I know that *i* will never be one of those people. I would just look like a little kid who is running around in my PJs in the middle of the day.

No comments: