October 23, 2005

What I wish...

So, sometimes these things come to me....and usually I just do a little dreaming and then I move on, but tonight I'm gonna share ;-)
So here are tonights "day" dreams:

1. I wish...that I could go to New Zealand in January and roadtrip down to Dunedin with Emma and Lydia when they head back for summerschool/job.
2. I wish...I could go watch Sam perform in Beauty and the Beast.
3. I wish...I could go spend New Years with Kristy ( and crew!) in Hong Kong.
4. I wish....I could go to South Africa with Carmi when she goes to stay with her father at his house by the sea.
5. I wish...I could sit down and have long conversations with Tabitha....and Penny.....and Louise.....and SO MANY others....

Because ultimately I want to hug my friends, laugh with my friends ( face to face), I want to talk for hours...I want to pray with them...and be able to reach out and touch them....I want to have multiple coffees with them....I want to look at their beautiful little faces....
*sigh*
Instead, I'm going to take some drugs for these cramps, read some LotR and go to bed, so I can get up and go to work tomorrow....


Whoa, so this post sounds really depressed-but, I'm not...I really am not. I mean, I just read over my wishes...and I realized how truly truly blessed I am to HAVE such friends to miss! I mean, how wonderful! How blessed! And I also feel sure that even if I dont get ANY of the above wishes ( which, well, lets face it...I probably wont)...I am still perfectly satisfied with what I've been given....it just makes it a lot more dramatic when you contrast the amazing wishes with a little bit of the everyday...

But, I shant forget, without the everyday....those days on the beach in Fiji just arent as special :-)

No comments: