November 23, 2005

birthday cake and coffee=

hyper-abbey.

Yeah, work is sssssssslllllooooooooowwwwwwww.....I think all the doctors in town took off early for Thanksgiving. Not that I blame them...how can one truly be thankful whilest working?
exactly.

Anyway, the moral of the story is when I looked at my knitting this morning and decided not to bring it to work, that wasnt a smart move. Buuuuuut, I am thinking about taking a longish lunch break and going home to clean some of the apartment.. I cant remember the last time it was cleaned, which isnt a good sign.meeh. And since Katie's going out of town I doubt she's put "cleaning the apartment" on her priority list. ah well, somebodies gotta do it...and "somebody" is probably me.

In other news, tomorrow is thanksgiving ( for my non-united states readers) and the family is having thanksgiving dinner at, wait for it, my parents hotel! I KNOW....but apparently its suppose to be really good and "half the town goes" every year. Well, I guess its the half that I dont know well, because I've never heard of such a thing! But, it should be interesting. Although, thanksgiving...plus seeing the Johnny Cash movie has made me randomly miss my cousin Joel a lot. I soooo hope we get to see him over Christmas! Along with the rest of the family....ahhhh holidays!

SO, yes, this thanksgiving is going to be interesting-and very much lacking in "tradition"..which in a lot of ways makes me a bit sad. I stand behind tradition like nothing else- and when thomas called last night to see if there was going to be a "family football game" I had to tell him no. Boo! I dont think I've mourned football so much in my life. ;-)

But, with that said, I'm looking forward to seeing my grandfather...and I'm looking forward to having time off from work....and I'm looking forward to hanging out with my brother-in-law, which I havent gotten to do in a while....I'm looking forward to catching up with friends on the phone who I havent talked to in a while, because I wont have to worry about staying up too late- because I can sleep in. woooo...gotta love different time zones, aye? ;-)
So, there is lots to be thankful for...and dear blog readers...you are high up on my "thankful" list. :-)
for my fellow americans, may your holiday be greatly blessed

No comments: