May 24, 2006

Songs of the day

"Lay myself at your feet, asking you, wont you lead me.
Cannot do it on my own. cannot do it all alone.
Here I am tonight, with my arms open wide,
wont you come inside?
Lay myself at your feet, asking you, wont you lead me.
Cannot do it on my own, cannot do it all alone.
Wont you come inside?
Come fill this heart of mine, I'm in need of your touch, of your life, of your love.
I need you. "

~

"I wake in the morning with a song in my heart
I look out the window and though its dark
I know the light of the day is just coming my way
and its all because of you
I open my bible and what do I see
Words of life amided right at me
they give me strength for the day
and I just have to say that its all because of you
And as I read the ads on the cereal box,
I know you're with me as I put on my socks
So as I go out the door I'll praise you some more because
I know you'll go with me, my dear Lord.
And if the day starts to get me things going bad,
I know what to do, I dont have to be sad
I just talk to the one who turns fear into fun,
the darkness departs and all I see is the sun
and its all because of you.
Its all because of you, my dear Lord.
As my head hits the pillow, I dont have a fear,
I know you are with me, I know you are near
Its been a wonderful day, and I just have to say,
its all because of you, its all because of you."

~
Holy, worthy, is the Lord.
Heaven, declares your righteousness.
God of all creation, I worship you.
I come to you in quiet adoration, I fall before your feet, you are my king,
I'm living for the beauty of your presence, to behold the glory of your face."


I've been lying in bed for about 25 minutes just listening to songs on shuffle....what a great start to the day, even when the sleepy hasnt fully worn out of your eyes and you still cant quite manage to sit up, the Songs of others can life your spirits right out of your very room....

No comments: