February 03, 2009

Memory

Today I played the game "memory" with a two year old. Basically it was a game of "identify objects" because I just laid out one half of the pairs facing up, on the ground and held the other half in my hand and then I'd hand the two year old the card and say, "find the matching *fill in the blank*"
At first he'd always say, "I do sees it!!" Where?! " and then just when I thought he'd given up interest all together he'd spy the rocketship or the birthday cake ( random pictures!) and he'd laugh and laugh and say "OOOoooOOH there it is!"

I feel like there's an analogy in there somewhere but I'm too tired to find it. So I'll leave that up to you guys.

In other news, I ended up watching TV in the middle of the day today. This was a first after being here a month. I feel like that's a sign that I should seriously get a job. ( HELLO!?! Universe?! Where's my job!?!?!) But, really it was just a fluke. I had plans this afternoon but they called and canceled. So see?! It wasn't my fault I watched that episode of Alias where they finally take down SD-6 (season 2 baby! this is when the show started to get weird!)...

I have instigated a prayer meeting before Bible Study on Tuesdays. So far not many people are coming. It reminds me of my days of starting 1pm prayer back in Uni. And I am encouraged that even the prayers of one or two are heard in heaven. I am excited that once again we have the chance to see prayers being answered and at the same time reminded that we are NOT doing this in our own strength!!

All I want right now is a Little Caesars Pizza. I've been wanting one for like a week now and today I thought I'd sudate my craving my getting a personal pan pizza at Pizza Hut. Not. the. Same.
Now I want my LC even MORE! ( and I don't mean Lauren Conrad from the Hills...geez people, keep up!)

No comments: