February 18, 2009

What its all about ( apparently).

So, I'm once again back in the Northwest...still without a job, and less and less hopes that I'm going to actually get one. But, then again...both of these verses presented themselves today:

The first one is my memory verse this week ( which is pretty much cheating since I think I've already had it memorized for years).
Seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you. Matt 6:33

And then in my quiet time tonight I came to this verse which says almost the same thing ( but, hey, sometimes we need things repeated for us!), "But seek His kingdom and these things will be added to you." Luke 12:31

And thus, today I spent from 8:30am-6:30pm "baby-sitting" a friend who got her wisdom teeth taken out....I honestly think I might be ok with not having a job if it means this is what I get to do instead. I'm perfectly happy as long as I feel a tad bit useful at the same time....

Of course, it should be noted that I have a wonderful husband who makes it possible for me to do nice things for other people without having to ask for money in return...he's really the greatest most generous person in the world!

In other news I talked to Anna, Amy B, Amy K and Chuck on the phone today...thank goodness my cell phone plane restarted or I'd be in trouble! Those minutes go by fast!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow's useful task: validating me on my choice of bedding.

And for the record if you are ever short on useful things to do, Im sure I can come up with something, especially once we hit early May ;-).

donnave said...

My very favorite verse (well, one of only about 100) is Ps. 37:4:

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

Same thing, but the poetry is beautiful.