March 24, 2009

I Promise...

I know, I know...I haven't blogged in days! But that's because a LOT has been happening and I've had my sister here, which basically means all those things that I'd normally write out into a well thought-out blog post have instead been spoken in long run on sentences to my sister. Lovely. Too bad none of you where there to see it all go down, because if my sister and I do one thing well, it is talk and laugh and talk some more ( with hand motions and facial expression to punctuate.)

We've had a grand old time, and I'm sad that she's leaving in the morning. *sigh* I'm trying not to get sad about it, because really its been such a lovely blessing that it would be wrong to look this gift horse in the mouth! Nope, instead I will just say this...

We ate indian food and watched free Redbox movies apparently EVERYONE is getting into free movie mondays and wednesdays! I know Katie, sure is! ha! )...I got us out of a ten dollar scam job at a Tacoma parking lot by tailgating a guy leaving ( we had entered the parking lot by accident only moments before and had found ourselves TRAPPED by the high prices!) we ate dinner at a fancy restaurant where Anna used her deathray eyes of doom on the waiter thus getting us a free dessert ( he neglected us all night! BAD! Free dessert? GOOD!) ...We had a very successful shopping trip that included a trip to the movie theatre to see Duplicity ( not as good as the trailers made it out to be...) and a beautiful sunset on the way home....We visited the Burke Museum's Coffee's of the World Exhibit and drank free coffee and laughed at fossils ( because who doesn't?), followed by lunch with Bethany and Liz at a yummy pizza place, Tulla Bella..... We survived a near death experience when something hit my windshield as we drove home, on the freeway, shattering the glass of the windshield so badly that shards of glass landed in both our laps!....we worked out several times, but probably not enough to burn off all the calories that we ate, but then again, it was vacation time and calories don't count on vacations....we went to church and we went to Bible Study and Anna got to meet many of the people that I love here in Washington...the lovely girls that I talk about the most, they now have faces to go with the names.....and we also watched unmentionable amounts of The O.C., we got the car's windshield fixed ( see above) and braved the evils of Army Bureaucracy to get me new parking tags ( for the new windshield)....oh....and of COURSE we drank lots of sub-par coffee ( nothing is as good as Java Jacks in Texas, right? hehe!) and....

we ate cupcakes.


Sisters. They are a glorious gift! What a lovely week!

No comments: