March 25, 2009

the miracle of sleep.

I'm hoping that tonight a miracle will take place and the sore throat I've been fostering all day will magically disappear. It pretty much has to since Bethany and I are off to visit Tabitha on Thursday and I pretty much MUST be in top form for that trip since its just an overnighter and I want to pack as much fun and time with Tabs in as I possibly can and being sick is not part of that mathematical equation.

Speaking of mathematical equations I actually used Algebraic proofs as part of an illustration on Romans chapter 4 at Bible Study tonight. Ummm....yeah....it just popped it my head and it turned out to be a good example for what I was talking about, but I was sorta surprised that my mind would retain that information from nine years ago just like that...

So, today I dropped the sister off at the airport and prayed all the way home that she'd make it on her flight ok and that all would be well...traveling makes me nervous, even when I'm not the one traveling. ( she is currently home safe and sound).

I then went about my to-do list of all the things I've neglected while Anna and I were partying down like it was 2005 ( the year when we partied down the most, just in case you were wondering..). First, I got my oil changed at the Jiffy Lube that is conveniently located near my house...and boy was it Jiffy! It was actually pretty funny, I've never seen so many employees at a oil change place before, and they had pretty much zero customers, so when I arrived they surrounded my car as though I was in the Daytona 500 and they had my car oil-changed, vacuumed, aired up, fluid checked and glass cleaned in under 10 minutes. I didn't even have time to check my emails on my phone! It was a little more expensive then the place I went to in Lakewood ( near my old apartment), but I had a coupon and plus if time is money, then that was a STEAL!

In other news, I had an impromptu coffee date with Tina and did Bible Study, as well as visited the Christian bookstore to pick up stickers for my bible study girls ( they are now proud owners of sticker charts and stickers for their memory verses...I believe that one is NEVER too old for a sticker chart)....all in all it was a productive day, but by the time it came to Bible Study time I was pretty worn out! This sore throat is not making me a happy camper!

This post as officially run out of steam...sleepy time is now.

No comments: