April 07, 2005

Friends...not the show.

Tonight I talked to Lydia on the phone. To tell you properly how I feel at the moment i am going to have to reveal something really embarrassing and stupid but, that just shows how much I like sharing ;-)
So, I was getting ready to call Lydia ( we had set a time last night of when I should call) and I was listening to the phone ring...and I was sorta nervous. Like, what are we going to TALK about!!! It has been so long since we had really had a good chat....But, then I heard her voice on the other end of the phone saying hello...and everything was normal and safe again. Thats right, safe. Lydia is truly a gift to my heart...and this verse OFTEN comes to mind when I spend any time with her at all, whether in person or some other means...
" And Jonathan, Saul's son, arose and went to David at Horesh and encouraged him in God." 1 Sam 23:15.

There are some friends that God gives us in a life time that a really special, that no matter what time, space and events may pass between you-when you are brought together encouragment in the Lord happens. Lydia is one of those special friends to me.

I wrote in my journal that it was like a drink of water in a parched and dry dessert. I think that pretty much sums it up.

No comments: