August 06, 2005

Stubborn.

What is wrong with me, to spend my days wishing for things I know I do not want?
What is wrong with me, to spend my day desiring that which I do not need?

Today, I woke up in a foul mood, a mood I didnt want to break.
but then I was given a belated graduation gift...poems....


The future is a blank without a view.
That which I wanted most, You have denied;
I cannot understand ( and I have tried);
there's nothing I can do but wait on You.

Earth offered much, and I had, lingering long
outside her lighted windows, wistful gorwn-
till at my side I heard a voice-Your own.
Lord, how could I resist a love so strong?

Take all away. I am content to know
such love is mine-for life is all too brief
to grieve for pleasures bringing only grief;
give me but You; it is enough just so.

Enough-and more! Such love in You keeps growning-
in You I find my deepest joy complete,
all longing satisfied, and pain made sweet;
in You my cup is filled to overflowing.
~Ruth Bell Graham



Yes, all to often I get caught up in the world and the selfish desires of my heart...but just as often the Lord is faithful to remind of His All Incompassing Love.

No comments: