March 16, 2006

A ponder...

I was reading Carmi's blog just now, she mentioned some good, funny memories...and I had this great longing to talk someones ear off.
let me explain, or should I say, let me be more specific...

I am always careful to not talk about NZ that much...I'll mention offhanded moments, I'll answer questions in neat and tidy paragraphs...but I am sensitive to not talk too much to the point of creating boredom around me. I use this rule for most things in my life...never keep the talk going for TOO LONG...
I know I've said this before.
But, I thought I'd say it again..because, even though this is what I DO...what I WANT to do is totally different:

I would LOVE for someone to all of a sudden have this amazing fascination with my life and ask me to account anything that I want...I would then sit down to a detailed account of my friends and the antics that we've carried out over the years, I'd teach you new words, I'd repeat funny sayings, I'd share inside jokes..and then I'd laugh...I'd account the rules to various party games that kept us all entertained for hours...I'd tell you about trips I've taken, I'd spill out details of conversations that I've had...I'd discribe the places I've lived and how I decorated each one and made it home...I'd list foods that I've tried and the things I crave and the things I hated...
And, i dont even think this applies to just my life in New Zealand...I'd want to tell you about my childhood friends...I'd want to tell you about my family and how we lived...I'd want to tell you about elementry school...and junior high...I'd want to bring up bad 80s styles and 90s trends...the great tragedies of my life, and the defining moments...the fantastic kodak moments and the horrible haircuts...

i think my voice would then dieout...and then I'd want to listen...I'd want to hear the same from you..because really, isnt that what's cool about people? We've ALL got fascinating stories...

Does anyone else feel like this?
Maybe its not the fact that I want to tell it...maybe its that I want someone to WANT to hear it.
Maybe its not the fact that I want to hear someone elses storie...maybe its that I want someone to WANT to tell it.

No comments: