April 09, 2006

The list.

I'm sitting at the kitchen table, my laptop has temporarily moved here.

Yes, its truly sad when you actually CANT sit on your bed anymore because there are clothes covering it. *sigh*
Its pretty routine for me to wash clothes on Sunday afternoons...mostly because I run out of scrubs relatively fast...or at least my FAVORITE scrubs ;-)...I take them out of the drier ( usually after TWO dry cycles..because I forget about them the first time through and then they get wrinkly and I have to dry them again)...and then they sit on my bed for the rest of the day, waiting for the last POSSIBLE moment that I absolutely HAVE to put them away...

But, the diningroom is a particularly delightful place to be at the moment...windows open, twinkle lights glowing...the music from Rent ( from my computer) mingles with the sounds of children playing outside ( always a good sound) and car stereos ( a constant annoyance)...a breeze moves the twinkle lights every now and then and urges me to make a cup of tea...

Surrounding me on the kitchen table are lists....yes, its official I am relatively stressed at the moment. Because as we ALL KNOW...my stress can be perfectly paralleled with how many lists I have going at the moment.

On that note: did you know that in the past few months I have gotten it down to ONE list...which is basically my calendar/diary that I look at once a week...to make sure that I havent forgotten birthdays etc....isnt that cool? That my life has been that lowkey?!

So, I guess I should have seen this little shake up coming, aye?

I'm actually not going to tell you why I am stressed at the moment-and yes, there is just ONE REASON....I mean, its funny...because my lists consist of a whole bunch of Verbs...things for the Graduation party Anna and I are planning ( which is going swimmingly by the way, no matter what anyone seems to think)...and then there are the typical housewife type activites ( as I like to call them) going to the supermarket...post office etc. etc....but then there is this ONE thing...and I look at the list and I realize that it is that ONE thing that made me make the entire list....
It is as if, driven by some unexplainable need to write this one thing down...I wrote other more calming and everyday tasks around it to "mask" its importance...but I know. I know better......I know that I've been fighting against doing it ALL DAY. I realize that I HAVE TO DO IT...
And I realize that a more normal and together person wouldnt be freaking about it at the moment....but then, I've always known that I've never been very normal or very together and so I make another list. And underline the important thing, as if I'll forget...

No comments: