September 07, 2006

rinse, repeat...

Holy Fire, burn away my desire for anything that is not of you.
And is of me.
I want more of you and less of me.
Empty Me, Empty Me...



Its really late-insomnia has been a theme of this week...probably hormones more than any real worry or anything-but whatever the case. This song has been the soundtrack of my day today-sort of by accident actually. I think God speaks to me through songs a LOT. I will be drawn to a particular song-and for days I'll be playing it constantly-and then...all of a sudden it is as if my mind catches up with my Spirit-and I actually listen to the words-and I'll realize they'd been speaking to my life all along...


On this note...I am currently compiling my "10 life songs" in honor of Carmi's birthday ( its soon!)...
So all of you lovely people out there who would like to join in on this particular "get to know you" exercise...feel free to make your own list...for an example check out Carmi's list

No comments: