January 12, 2009

All ruffled

So, on Saturday I moved.

It sounds all nice and tidy and in the end I guess it was....I had a whole hand full of able bodied boys ( some I didn't even know! Gotta love "ministry boys") that moved everything, and Mike came through one more time to drive the moving van for me-so I literally didn't lift a finger...but there was a LOT of stress, stress about the apartment, stress about the moving van ( the company I booked with didn't have a truck for me ( BUDGET CAR RENTALS IS EVIL DON'T USE THEM!!!) leaving Mike and I driving around frantically calling every place in town)...and generally me being uptight.

But, yes, end of the day everything was well...and I was walking around a nice and shiny new fancy-pants apartment in a lovely little pleasantville town with all my wonderful belongings that I hadn't seen in six months piled around me...and all I wanted to do was cry.

I missed Brett so terribly in those moments it was hard to breathe. I think I thought that I had cheated that feeling by not moving into the same location and starting "over afresh"...but basically by cheating one feeling I allowed a new, horrible feeling to enter...the feeling of doing something new, starting something new without Brett there to enjoy it, be a part of it...it was hard.

But, I was reminded that this year is not about Brett or me...or us being apart. It's all about God and what He wants to do in our lives. He is loving and infinitely good. He has proved SO much for me in the past week, and while it makes me nervous that everthing has happened so FAST ( have I made a mistake by moving into fancy-pants two bedroom apartment?! Did they cheat me?!)...I know that ultimately I have a grand protector over all the details and that I must instead focus on serving Him here in this community and leave all those details up to Him!

I am already seeing the opportunities to serve and I'm excited about them....
Of course, tomorrow is full of all those "details" I just talked about-taking my car into the shop, trying to unpack, getting my address changed etc. etc....but HOPEFULLY I will remember where to put my real focus and therefore stay calm and in praise for a God who takes care of all his little birdies. ( Matt 6:26)

Sadly, now that I have officially moved I do not have access to Amy's awesome laptop any longer...so I am limited to my iphone for internet access for the time being until I get my computer fixed ( or a new one)-sooOOooOOo if I dont email you, blog, reply to your facebook comments please do not be offended. I may be offline for a bit.

Until next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, no problem...

www.smart-businessman.com