February 04, 2009

And all the heavens declared... impromptu is good!

My goodness! Today was glorious! There are definitely times when life is just worth living ( isn't that good to hear?! heheh!)

Today I had my quiet time in bed and wrote Brett a letter on my new stationary that I'm loving....

I then had an impromptu lunch with Katie ( her work is seriously steps away from my front door....) which is really so delightful and reinforces the idea that I did, in fact, move into the right apartment. ;-)

My lunch collided with Amy arriving at my door and we then headed off for a walk down to a trail that overlooks Puget Sound. Glorious glorious day, people. Seriously, it was up to 60 degrees and the sun was shining and the wonders of God's creation ( particularly the mountains and the ocean) where a blaze with light. So Amy and I walked and talked until our legs almost feel off.
A note should now be made that we walked FIVE MILES and that Amy is PREGGERS and not just a little bit preggers she's up on six months pregnant. Seriously. She's a super hero.

I then rushed off to a lunch date with one of the girls from Bible Study who couldn't make it and so we just had to grab a coffee ( she is also a super hero because she's been working nights for the past few weeks and has yet to go completely insane...I honestly don't know how people do it!!).

And now I'm writing this, hoping Brett will call so that I can share this beautiful day with him....he was the only thing missing.

And then I was off to the Tacoma water front where I met up with Judy for dinner...now I've been looking forward to this for AGES, ever since she contacted me when I first moved to Washington the first time around.....Judy is one of those "puzzle pieces" of my own life and legacy since she went to college with the Parents and the Second Parents and it made me realize that the name of the conference that I'm going to next weekend which is called "Spiritual Generations" is actually played out in my own life! I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful legacy and it is an honor to try to live up to what has been laid as my foundation. And since Judy is one of my loyal blog readers I hope she knows how much FUN it was to meet her and chat and to know we have the greatest of All in common! :-)

No comments: