April 13, 2009

My Apps.

Since, I'm bored and waiting for a reply from a certain annoying online source, I'll now regale you with a list of the applications that I'm currently using on my phone ( I know you're all dying to know).

The Daily Ones:

Pandora Radio ( Free): This baby is AWESOME! Especially if you connect your phone into your carjack-thingy ( look at me using technical terms!) and listen to your phone through your car speakers...its like having satellite radio without paying for it.

Dictionary (xyster.com-$2.99): Its a huge dictionary that also gives you the capabilities of listening to how the word is pronounced plus the origins ( things I care about) as well as the definition.

Acro Bible NASB ( $14.99): I like this bible and more importantly I don't have to be online to use it...there are other free applications with more versions of the bible in one place, but I find this one handy for quick lookups when I'm doing Bible study ( cuts back on all the flipping back and forth) and I enjoy the easy to see reading...

TwitterFon ( Free): I can easily update my Twitter/Facebook status plus keep track of all the people I follow on twitter. Love it.

reMovem free ( Free): This is one of those "pop the little bubbles" games that is completely mindless but that is also hard to win, I play this game when I'm watching movies all the time...for whatever reason I sometimes HAVE to be multitasking and this is the game for that...uses zero brain power.


The Once a Weekers:

Wordle (Free): This game is SO addictive and is great for people who like word games ( this is basically a boggle type word scramble game).

Whiteboard ( free): a paint feature which is fun, but even MORE fun if you have wi-fi and someone else with a iphone in the room...you can write on each others phones! Play tic-tac-toe or hangman without anyone knowing!

myLite (free): the phone flashlight...but the best part is the flickering cigarette lighter application that you can turn on and hold up at concerts. hahaha! geeky!


The Once every blue moon:

Scramble ( Free): Another word game that is fun to play...

BClassicLite ( free): I should probably go ahead and buy the full version of this game, I use to play it all the time until I pretty much mastered it and now I'm in need of more levels to play it more. ;-)

Hangman ( Free): There are lots of Hangmans out there...but this one is especially great because it has a version where you can play with two people, one person gets to make up the word the other gets to play...Brett and I played it all the time when waiting for tables at restaurants and waiting in lines and doctors offices. Brett always won.

Snoozle ( free): Another pop the bubbles game that I've found hard to play because it can often not be super accurate with your touch-aim, therefore making it frustrating.


The Waste of Space Ones

Facebook ( free): It is constantly crashing and I would just rather bookmark facebook on my safari and get to it that way...


~~~

I have a lot more applications that I don't use super often but I'm sure others might find use for them..
.the Light Saber ( always good when I'm baby sitting to amuse little boys...and big boys),
the Recipe.com application, I find that I usually do my recipe research before I head to the grocery store, but for emergencies this one is handy to have....
Restaurant Nutrition (free): good for the counting calorie girl, so obviously NOT for me....
There are a lot of Lonely Planet applications for traveling...which are great...IF you're traveling...sadly that's not me these days ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abigail,
I love iBird explorer plus. It's expensive but you can actually hit a button and hear the different bird songs. If you like bird watching, this APP is great. It's also fun to use to confuse the neighborhood birds, cats, etc.

I also like Starmap. If you are in to looking at the stars, this is great.

Finally, shazam will tell you the name of whatever song you are listening to is. Just hold it to the speaker. Cool!

You're right about the Acro Bible. It has a feature for reading the Bible in one year. It will let you know if you fall behind or even get ahead. I'm rarely ahead...usually in catch up mode.

I hope Apple computer is making a lot of money on these things. That way they'll keep providing iphones and all these little applications people are writing for them.

Love you,
Papa

Ffdskl Edhchgerg said...

I'll have to check out Acro Bible -- it would be nice to have an offline bible on my phone (plus I don't have a copy of the NASB anymore). I use MacSword when I'm on my Mac and absolutely love it!

My current favorite app has to be Remote which turns your iPhone into a wireless remote for your iTunes library! Shazam, TwitterFon and Pandora are all used daily on my phone too.

At some point we're going to have to stop calling this device a phone :-)