April 23, 2009

Other thoughts for the day...

So other than hold an ADORABLE BABY today...here are the other thoughts running around in my mind.....

.....Baseball should not be played in freezing cold weather. I took one of my friend's first grader to his baseball game tonight, since her other son had a game at the same time at a totally different ballpark...and BOY HOWDY was it the longest two hours ever! It was SO COLD. But, her oldest daughter and I hung out under a ( seemingly paper thin) blanket and made fun of the super hardcore coach of the other team, so it was not a lost cause...but let's just say, that if I have kids who play baseball we had better commit to living in warmer states when we do....

....I had to workout late this evening ( because of all the baseballing) and on my walk home I was startled by a large raccoon standing in the middle of the driveway. We saw each other at the same time and had a moment of horror before we both hightailed it in opposite directions. You wouldn't THINK I'd be afraid of raccoons...but until you've listened to the "This American LIfe: And the Call was coming from the Basement" Halloween segment ( go look it up!) that describes the HORROR tale of a women's escape from a rabid raccoon...well....it'll change your mind about nature FOREVER....

....Tomorrow I'm cleaning house....now that its no longer sunny outside and I don't spend hours reading on my balcony ( I've figured out how to move my chair a foot every half hour to stay in direct sunlight for up to four hours in the afternoon)....I have no more excuses....that kitchen floor MUST be cleaned!


....Life has been a bit over my head lately. And I appreciate those who've sent me loving and supportive comments. But, I think the thing to remember in times like these, times when you're faced with your own failings and inabilities, that instead of leaning on all those wonderful friends that tell you how great you are ( thanks you guys, seriously!) but instead look to Him...for THIS is TRUE:

"...but God has chosen the foolish things of the wolrd to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong. And the base things and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, so that NO MAN may boast before God. But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification and redemption so that as it is written "Let Him who boasts, boast in the Lord." 1 Cor 1:27-31

1 comment:

C. Bright said...

amen...
amen