April 02, 2009

A peek at the peak

So in the next week I will be "celebrating" the sixth month of Brett's deployment. I imagine that we've been clamoring up a giant mountain for the past six months and FINALLY we've reached the peak...and now, now we'll get to go back DOWN...that's exciting because it would be awesome if life would imitate my analogy and therefore the LAST six months would go faster than the first...wouldn't that be nice?!?!

That reminds me of the inside joke of my tuesday night bible study:

The girls and I have been trudging through a study on Romans. I say "trudge" because its a lot harder than the study they did previously and I think they are all feeling the affects of that. However, last week we had a question in our guide that asked us to look at the 'word picture' that Paul had painted about a particular thought...and for the life of us we could NOT figure out what they wanted as an answer!! I mean, I like to think I'm pretty good at finding things in texts...that's pretty much all I did as an english major was make up something out of nothing and then using a particular text to prove my point...but last week we were all stumped. But it started the inside joke of making up word pictures for everything....and it's "accidently" turned into something really cool. One of the things I feel strongly about is trying to teach the idea of making scripture accessible and for all the girls to feel as though they understand it well enough to go out and share it with others...its been fun coming up with our "word pictures" ( although sometimes they get a little silly) and I think its a cool way for all of us understand the heaviness of the meanings that are written in Romans.


Lately I've been reading a particular verse over and over again...I can't stop thinking about it.

Do not call to mind the former things or ponder things past.
Behold I will do something new, Now it will spring forth;
Will you not be aware of it?
I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert. Is. 43:18-19


I get a little chill every time I read it...

I very much want to be aware of the new things that the Lord has coming my way....our way....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was the verse of my church in singapore. It proved to be a personal one for alot of us there as well

He has much in store yet,

Anonymous said...

Amen! GId post! I needed that verse.

Christa