April 08, 2009

slooooooow

Honestly peoples. This month is a slow one. I'm desparate to fill up my time, so much so that I quite literally am putting off cleaning my house until tomorrow, not because I don't want to do it, but because I've already done "something" today...and I've got Nothing to do tomorrow and so cleaning house will be my "accomplishment"

I realize that I'm annoying the most of you who find your lives TOO busy...and I also know that one day I will look back on this particular season of life and smile and wish I could go back and experience such "problems" again...but for now I'll just try hard to enjoy it and make it as productive as possible. I've been praying hard that I wouldn't let it just slip away...

Currently reading this month's Vanity Fair...although I was annoyed it had a half nakky model on the front. ugg! What's WRONG with the world!?!

I'm also just started the book "The Man Who Made Lists: Love, Death, Madness and the Creation of Roget's Thesaurus" by Joshua Kendall. , the word geek in me is pretty much in heaven...hehehe! So fascinating and I've already come across several great quotes and I'm not even into chapter two!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look I am TRYING to have a baby to entertain you! Clearly you are not praying enough ;-)

Emily said...

So I think that you should attempt to read ( or read again knowing you ) Moby Dick so that as I work through it you and I can talk about it!

Anonymous said...

Moby Dick...I've been avoiding that one. I have LOTS of books you should read. If you want to follow along with my Intro to Lit class, you should read the first 150 pages of Middlesex by next Tuesday. I could even send you my handouts, and I could plagiarize off your ideas in my class discussions! :)

Oh, and why haven't you posted your side of the story about "stripping for safety"? I've been waiting for that.

-Amy K.