May 16, 2009

little girls

Today I went to my oldest, dearest friend Amy's little sister's wedding.. Honestly, I did not expect to be so emotional, but I seriously grew up with Amy and Emily ( the bride) and to see Emily between her parents looking all beautiful and walking down the aisle, I could not help but cry.

It is also wonderful to see a groom who is obviously so in love that he cries at the sight of his bride. EVERY girl should experience that, and it is the biggest, most horrible waste when you see girls settling for guys that do not show their absolute adoration for them. As Christians we often hear of the church being referred to as the Bride of Christ, this is a wonderful illustration because so often I have learned more of Christ's love through watching weddings ( and being a part of my own!) than anything else...the adoration of the Groom as he looks upon his bride, he thinks she's perfect...and the things that he knows AREN'T perfect, he overlooks. And the Bride, basking in that love, basking in the security of a life filled with expectance and support that is laid before her. I bet you could ask such a bride and she would say that she feels as though she could do just about ANYTHING on her wedding day, because of that sense of security that her Love brings...

And yet....

How often do we settle for a lesser love, a love of this world, lusts of the flesh...things that do not truly bring the True and Lasting love of the Father!?!

Today I am struck once again and the beauty of the Love of Christ and His love for His Bride. I am also struck by the joy of seeing a couple devoted to Him and now seeking Him hand in hand...they are a reflection of Him today!

To the little girl, Emily, I say job well done! And many prayers for her future life of happiness!


And, dear readers, may all your relationships be a reflection of His Love.

1 comment:

Ffdskl Edhchgerg said...

very well put!

on a side note (something I've wondered for a while) -- are they by any chance related to Dr. Larry King at SFA? He was one of my favorite profs!