June 23, 2009

How emotional are you? I know most of you who have read my blog for any length of time will laugh at me when I say I feel like I'm somewhere in the middle of emotionalism...I say this because I've got friends who are WAY dramatic and who-no matter what-are always going through huge emotional issues:
LIFE IS SO UNCERTAIN!! LIFE IS WONDERFUL AND IS EVERYTHING I COULD EVER HOPE FOR! LIFE IS HARD AND UNBELIEVABLY DIFFICULT TO FIGURE OUT!!!

I love these friends because they are so dang honest about how they are feeling at all times. I'm pretty sure they COULDN'T lie about it even if they tried....

Then I've got the other side of the coin. They always sound about like this. Everythingsfine. Everythingsfine. Everythingsfine. Itwasagoodday. Itwasabadday. Everythingsfine. Everythingsfine.

Its a little bit harder to distinguish what is going on deep in side of this type of a person, but you better believe that just because they don't talk or live their lives in All-Caps, it doesn't mean that their emotions don't swing. That some days they don't have a better grasp on their goals, a better feeling about where they fit in the grand scheme of things. And if they are followers of Christ then I bet we can ALL relate ( whether we're ALLCAPS people or if we're runonsentence people) to how some days we feel closer to God and have a greater understanding of Who He is and What He wants for our lives, and some days we're doubting just about EVERYTHING we've ever heard Him say to us. Ever.

This morning while Brett and I were praying together on the phone ( I highly recommend this....if there is anything I regret about this deployment its how little we have prayed together on the phone, considering how much we need prayer.), I was struck with a better understanding of the verse;

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever." Heb 13:8 ....

I was encouraged that this means He is the same no matter how I may be "feeling". People, whether you've been a Christian two days of twenty year there are Truths that do not change depending on how you are. I think sometimes we get this feeling that Christ's love is dependent on what we do or don't do. That Christ's grasp on our situation is dependent on Just how bad it is ( if its a little problem, YOU can take care of it...if its a BIG problem, maybe you'll hand it over to God and cross your fingers and hope for the best..), That Christ's Understanding and Help is directly connected to whether we feel like we deserve it or feel it.
False, False, False.

His love and acceptance , His knowledge of our lives, His complete control over situations and circumstances, His ability to save us from ourselves, all of these things are absolute and complete ALL THE TIME.

Today you might not be feeling it, you're emotions might be high, they might be low...or they might be smack dab in the middle ( like always! haha!), you might be not particularly interested in God or you might be wishing that you COULD some how get and Him through all the mess stacked up around you....no matter what, I promise you He is the Same. He is with us and For us.
He is at the Right Hand of the Father (Acts 2:33 ) right now...making our Case for us, Fighting for us. (Heb 7:25)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Thank you for that - really.

Ffdskl Edhchgerg said...

Assurance (blessed assurance indeed!) is a word that comes to my mind -- thanks for the encouraging words!