June 03, 2009

Things you can't ignore...

So, today, I woke up with a horrible headache....this was not exactly a surprise considering my neck has been bothering me off and on since this weekend, but then it decided to not be so subtle any longer and thus a day of me pondering various ways of impaling my own head ( for whatever reason, my brain seems to think that would make the pain LESS...) .
At any case, I think the worst part is that I have so much to do...for instance, I'm throwing a baby shower next Saturday. Yes. As in NEXT Saturday.....Honestly, I've resorted to prayer that it will turn out great, considering that between now and then I have a pretty packed out schedule that included my mommy visiting me at the end of this week and into next week....*sigh*
Ultimately, it MUST turn out swimmingly, because its the last thing I get to do for my friend Katie before she leaves Washington at the end of June...so, see? there is no other option. It must turn out great. The end.


But, back to my headache. After several hours of trying to do things and ignore it, I just gave in and told my headache that it could have today, it could take it and make it into something utterly helpful to all my current to do lists, as long as my headache PROMISED to go away sometime between now and 9am tomorrow morning which is when Obligations kick back into full gear and I refuse to have a screwdriver wedged between my skull and brain for another day.....

No comments: