August 10, 2009

In other words,

My friend Amy is visiting me from Texas. She and I met when we were in the second grade, we officially became "besties" ( although I don't think that phrase had been coined yet) in the 3rd grade...annnnnd here we are today! Pretty amazing really!

Anyway, I will probably be posting less in the next few days, the idea of juggling a visitor plus all the girls here at Lewis that I want to still see this week, plus all the things one should do in a day...well, I think that leaves minus 3 hours ( if my calculations are correct). Which is just the kind of challenge/equation I like!

I've been pondering this Psalm that I got in my quiet time a few days ago, and it's STILL speaking to me! So, reminder of 127:

Unless the Lord builds the house,
those who build it labor in vain.

Unless the Lord watches over the city,
the watchman stays awake in vain.

It is in vain that you rise up early and go to bed to rest
eating the bread of anxious toil;
for he gives to his beloved sleep.

Behold children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children of one's youth

Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know its a typo but I actually like "in cain" better for some reason, hah.

Abigail... said...

ahhh...well, I changed it anyway! Thanks for the heads up-I do these things to keep my readers on their toes ;-)

Christa said...

Ahh...have fun with Amy.

Unknown said...

Is the full quiver thing a hint?