December 01, 2010

Preparing

The whirl of activity ( I almost said gaiety...but really, lets be honest, its mostly stressful) that IS December has come.

I ate my first advent chocolate.

Anyways...

I'm hosting two holiday parties this year. Don't know how that happened. I have not thrown a party since....ummm....gosh. Must have been J-Money's 30th birthday in July. Wow. That was a long time ago! So I'm making up for lost time by having a party this Friday night for a bunch of ladies that I know, plus any airborne soldier girls that I can get my hands on ( how hard it must be to be at Airborne school during the holiday season!) and then NEXT Friday I'm hosting the Leadership Team's Christmas Party.

We're doing crafts at BOTH parties. So I've been stocking up on my christmas cookie decor plus ornament decorating supplies...I haven't even BEGUN to fully think about the food yet. *sigh*

So yes, I say all that to say that this month is going to be busy-and what I really need to do is take a chill pill and remember just why I ate that chocolate this morning...

He is coming...


Comfort, comfort my people,
   says your God.
Speak tenderly to Jerusalem,
   and proclaim to her
that her hard service has been completed,
   that her sin has been paid for,
that she has received from the LORD’s hand
   double for all her sins.

  A voice of one calling:
“In the wilderness prepare
   the way for the LORD;
make straight in the desert
   a highway for our God ( Is 40:1-3)

No comments: