September 28, 2011

Preview...

I'm so excited about our bible study this week!!! So may of you have said you're going to get involved and I can't tell you how that warms my heart! One thing I know for sure and that's that I need PEOPLE. Fellowship is one of the THE most important things about my faith, the sharing of that faith with one another- sharing what God has put on your heart and then rejoicing/crying/wondering/marveling at ( even questioning) what He's said together...well, its all pretty well the best.

So, because I can't wait until Friday I'll share one of the very first thoughts I've received from one of you guys...and it was very much needed today:

Favorite verse?!? Possibly.

Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6-7


I've got a LOT of things to be anxious about today...so yeah. Sendin' up some prayers

2 comments:

mktgaggie05 said...

Abigail...I, too, have a lot on my mind that is making me anxious. I'm going to try to participate in your study. :o) I hope I can be consistent with it because I think it's a great idea.

Mel said...

My initial thought is that it's SO awesome that he can write "Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel"... how many of us testify this way when we are in HARD times that make most people think we have gone down a wrong route?

I am going to try and set up my blog sometime this weekend (by this I mean a personal one that will hopefully not be deleted so quickly, one that records non-foodie things!)

(this is Mel (Tan) from Dunedin).