October 13, 2011

Take a moment

This morning Ransom woke up with a runny nose. A seriously runny nose. And whether its allergies, teething or a real live cold we all know that where there's snot there are germs and so I had to sadly cancel my afternoon plans with some lovely lovely ladies ( and their daughters).
A serious BUM. ER.

And I was all pouty and such and when I put Ransom down for his nap instead of dusting and sweeping like I TOLD myself I would...I plopped down to blog read.

And I read today's blog post by a lovely lady Jeanne who I have known my whole life....( you know when you get older and you realize that your childhood playmate's parents are really cool and you wish that they'd like you and be friends with you too? Anyway, that's how I feel about this lovely lady.) And she shared a video that she had done for Mikeschair's new album.
Now, let me just say this, I remember being a little kid and hearing what was happening to her son, I remember the prayers, the tears. But it resonated all over again today. I sat on my couch and cried.

Friends, we live in a fallen world, a world full of sorrow and sometimes things happen that are SO mysterious that the only place to find an answer is at Jesus's Feet. I loved how Jeanne shares how she realized the only way to get through what was happening was to go to the One who had let it happen in the first place...wow. As soon as she said it I remembered back to our own Heartbreaks and I knew exactly what she meant. Its probably one of the HARDEST challenges of my life, but I am so grateful for the beauty that such sorrows have taught us. Please watch this video. Currently words are failing me. I pray its an encouragement today!

No comments: