April 18, 2005

5 months, 3 weeks, 4 days...

I was reminded of the post I made on this day almost six months ago by my sister...in a way I cant believe its been that long and yet, when I went back and read what I wrote then, my heart said, amen again.
In fact, strangely enough...I had put this verse on a post-it note on my computer at work today:
"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." Psalm 28:7

Which is so close to the one I got so many months ago. While so much has happened since that day, some things still stand to be true. The Lord is still my strength. He still gives blessings for burdens. He still forgives. He is still all merciful.
He holds the very actions of this earth in the palm of His hand...
So I leave you with my thoughts from back then...My heart repeats those sentiments again...but just a little bit louder and with a little bit more strength. Exodus 6:1 Still Stands.


Monday, October 25, 2004

"Now you will see what I will do. " ~ Ex. 6:1

" The Lord is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation;
This is my God,and I will praise Him. "
~ Ex 15:2

Lord, I have seen today that my burdens easily overrun my ablity to withstand....they easily conquer me. I am easily overwhelmed by one seeming drop of rain...I have seen today that I am weak.
But, Lord you have also given me the greatest gift: You long to carry my burdens. You take them without a second thought. You soothe the mess I made of today, you give me hope for tomorrow. You forgive. I see that in giving you my burdens you do not leave me empty handed....what is this? Is this actually blessing? You give me blessing for my burdens!
Not worthy, not worthy.

Today more than any day...I wish that I was in Texas...and at the same time I am thankful I am here...here I am forced only to pray:

He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength when labors increase
To added affliction He addeth His mercies
To multiplied trials His multiplied peace

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father's full giving is only begun.

His love has no limit, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of his infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth and giveth and giveth again.

~Annie Johnson Flint
Posted by: Abigail / 4:18 AM

No comments: