May 24, 2005

Episode III: My thoughts on THAT

Well, I finally saw the long awaited, long over-advertised, long over-hyped Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.

The night was all together fun although I was on the grumpy side because I had had a LONG day of work, cleaning and lack of sleep...buuuut, Papa and I went to the theatre early ( to get good seats) we had a good time with the help of my ipod, a dilly that lets you plug in two headphones...and 978 songs at our fingertips. My mom and sister came in right before the movie started and then....the trailers.

I seriously ALMOST CRIED when I saw the trailer for The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. Here's to another BEAUTIFUL world that Weta studios created.....SERIOUSLY. Do you remember the first time you saw the preview for Lord of the Rings:Fellowship of the Ring? I do. At the time I had heard rumblings about the movies and I had even gone to the website to get a hint of what was to come...but then, there I was sitting watching some movie (who even remembers) when that clip of the Nine climbing the mountains, each character coming over the crest of the hill came on the screen. I was elated! I was over joyed...I saw each character and recognized them from my own immagination- Oh, there's Frodo! There's Aragorn! There's Gimli! It was like seeing a friend, that you've been a penpal with for years and years, for the first time.
That is how it was again. I am sooooo excited, and of course, thankful...I was really worried that after the Lord of the Rings I wouldnt have movies to look forward to quite like that again...I was wrong.

Ok, what were we suppose to be talking about? Oh right.
Yeah, so even though I've never professed to be a starwars fan-except that I respect the IV-VI because they were the first of their kind....buuuut, this movie was actually GOOD. There was a particular sequence showing the Jedi all over the galaxy getting ___ -I thought it was really moving. I would also applaud Lucus on several very well done shots, especially the one from the inside of Darth Vaders mask as it is being placed on his head for the first time. Wow.
Anyway, all in all it was enjoyable and it seems that after six movies the writers finally just embraced the cheesy script and just made it OBVIOUSLY cheesy to the point of funny. HOWEVER, extremely lame was Yoda's speech syntax...ugg.

So thus endeth the Star Wars Saga....poor Lucus what WILL he do now?!

No comments: