May 09, 2005

One at a time: Events of a weekend.... Episode #1

Wow, It has been a few days since I have blogged I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the things I feel I have to share...the sad truth of it, is that things will probably not get discussed ( THIS is why I cant understand people that dont blog regularly!!! hehehe), things that have passed through my mind this week...some of which could be whole posts on their own!!!
So,thats what I think I'll do...look forward to SEVERAL posts today..

I worked this weekend, but the lucky thing about working on the weekends is that the only thing that REALLY suffers is sleep. I am usually finished by 11AM and if I am honest with myself ( which I am) I realize that that is about the time I would normally start doing things on a Saturday ANYWAY...and therefore I find I can have a pretty good day even with working! Sundays are sadly another story, and I usually miss the beginning of church...but at least I have been pretty lucky thus far and havent miss ALL of it!

On Saturday I went to an Eagle Scout Ceremony for Ben Cline with my mother. It was extremely cool


Yes, for those of you in NZ, dont feel bad if you dont know much about the Boyscouts of America.....I knew little/nothing going into this ceremony, what I DID know was all the incredible amount of work that goes into becoming an Eagle ( the top ranking) and what an honor it was....what I DIDNT know was how moving such little exerpts could be from the ceremony itself...

On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong;
mentally awake, and morally straight.

And THEN all these awesome laws that the BoyScouts are called to strive for...
TRUSTWORTHY LOYAL HELPFUL FRIENDLY COURTEOUS KIND OBEDIENT CHEERFUL THRIFTY BRAVE
CLEAN REVERENT

Very inspiring! So, besides the inspiration and how very impressed I was by Ben and his accomplishment I had great fun sitting with my mother on the back row. My mother is very naughty at most public events and often whispers and giggles...so it was gooding hanging out with her...

No comments: