June 05, 2005

Saving the Best for Last...

I was on my way home tonight....I had just gotten off of the phone with Carmi ( darn bad reception in the country). I turned on the radio and these words sang to me...

" Isnt this world a crazy place?
Just when I thought our chance had past
You go and save the best for last."


Oh yes, I DO realize that is from a very cheesy 90s song by Vanessa Williams....but it really spoke to me about my mindset.
I think so often I think about the Fight that we are in in this life and I just spoke a few posts back about the Victory we have in Christ-and yet, I still feel like I need a reminder....a reminder of things to come....things that are not yet revealed....we often think of death as this horrible thing that stops a beautiful life...and while life is a beautiful thing-the Best has been saved for last- this world does not hold my heart. My heart is in a Greater place.

This quote has been on a stickynote on my computer desk top for weeks-it brings tears to my eyes and it holds within it a hope that I sometimes need reminding of....may it bring you Hope tonight:

" Is this the End, Gandalf?"

"The journey doesn't end here. Death is another path. One we all must take. The grey curtain of this world rolls back and all turns to silver grass. And then you see it...."

"What? See what?"

"White shores and beyond...the fair great country and a swift sunrise."

"Well...that isnt so bad, is it?"

" No, no it is not...."
~ Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

No comments: