July 09, 2005

Dumo_Dome


DSCN2972
Originally uploaded by abigailsday.
See that crazed look in my eye? that's is allll natural!
The girls and I stood in line to see the famous dome of the Dumo....we all thought the line would take us into the church were we could look UP AT IT FROM SAFELY FROM THE FLOOR. But no. Instead we were sent up a tiny tiny spiral stair case (640 steps up to just the FIRST level and then on up to the second level so that we could go back DOWN.)
now, as many of you know...I am afraid of heights and of confined spaces-this stair case and then the tiny ledge that we came out onto provided me with BOTH fears... the dome itself was beautiful-but I was plaster up against the wall as I looked at it in the midst of panting and sweating from our climb....good times, good times.

No comments: