July 21, 2005

"you look tired"

I've heard this several times in the past day...so I'm starting to think maybe how I am feeling is starting to show up in my appearance. Ah well, I guess not being able to sleep well for a week really starts to get to ya.
In saying that, I actually slept really well last night. Yay! I think it had a lot to do with getting to talk to Lydia and Emma and also a really good Prayer Meeting at Church.

Before I went to church last night I desparately prayed for a break in pain. Because on Sunday it was actually really hard to concentrate and I felt like I had been cheated from a good sermon because of it. I also prayed that I would be able to stay awake because I was SO tired.

I got my prayers answered!
Ps 97:11 Light is sown like seed for the righteous
And gladness for the upright in heart. (NAS)


Whooooa, that is a beautiful promise that I had never seen before! SOWN! As in, there WILL be fruit for those who strive for righteousness...there will Light, there will be Gladness! Wow.

Its interesting that the word sown is only in the NAS version...but I like it.

After church Anna and I had an interesting time with Thomas. I have to admit our main topic of conversation is something I've felt in the dark about for a long time...and while I still feel in the dark I've finally decided how I am going to pray about it. Very Generally.
Do you think there are ever times you are TOO emotionally involved in something and you actually FEEL your own opinions getting in the way of praying about it? That is how I've felt about this particular issue. USUALLY I am able to pray about my personal opinions first and get them sorted out and then I can pray about whatever it is....but with THIS, I feel like everytime I pray about it I have to spend tons of time hashing out all of my own hurt, my own emotions before I can even begin....so do you think maybe just skipping over that is ok? I mean, it doesnt ultimately matter how *i* feel as long as the Kingdom of God is glorified in this situation...as long as His Will is done.

I also got to talk to my girls last night, I havent really talked to them since Italy...which seems SO long ago! It always makes me feel better to hear their voices-even if one or all of use isnt doing particularly well...it just makes me pray for my friends MORE...which is always a good thing. I continue to thank God for each of my friendships-whether here in Texas or overseas, I realize that I am truly blessed to have such special friends.
~~~

Well, that catches us up to this morning. I am extremly sleepy and I am reeeeally hoping i get to take a nap this afternoon. This is my first half day of work in a long time which makes me happy. Ten hours straight is actually starting to grow on me and I am able to do it without thinking-but today....well, today I am looking forward to just 6 hours. ;-)

No comments: