September 29, 2005

"O Lord, Hear! O Lord, Forgive!" Dan 9:19

Some days that verse about "the LORD disciplines those he loves." (Prov 3:12 )...is just written across my life.
Yet, His arms are so faithful to open wide for me again....no matter what.
It seems so often that, Christians especially, argue about who is worse...who's sins our worse...as though there is a difference...as though what each of us struggle with is not the Blackest of Black.
Today, I disappointed, today I stumbled...BUT, this verse spoke to me tonight,
"In an outburst of anger I hid my face form you for a moment, but with everlasting lovingkindness I will have compassion on you." Is 54:8

I have always been scared of that verse, the Anger of the Lord is...well, very very scary. But, tonight when I was THANKING God for my dreadful day- because He had shown me yet another of my failings and brought light upon yet another one of my ugly scales-I realized how the very ACT of the "hidding His face" makes it all the MORE glorious when He shows it again in the next instance...His compassions fail not. For truly He never Leaves us or Forsakes us. I actually had a moment when I was praying tonight when I realized how AWFUL it would be if I actually got away with all those little dark secrets I think I have...thank Goodness God in His glory airs them out to dry.....for only then can I truly be free.

No comments: