December 20, 2005

Joy cometh in the morning..

Hormones anyone? Except no...I dont think that is what this is...how about... Holidays anyone?

I wanted to cry all day yesterday. I mean, sure I had some reasons but I dont think I would have normally CRIED about them...but I wanted to yesterday.
So yesterday morning as I crawled out of bed in the darkness I remembered my prayer the night before. "Lord help me to be joyful." I've really been convicted as of late to not let the stress and bad-attitudes of those I work around to rub off on my so much.
So, I guess its not reeeeally suprising that I would be hit so hard with "desparing" mornings after trying to change my ways ;-) Ah, we do have an adversary dont we!?
BUT! The Lord is SO good...out of that seeming darkness the Lord blessed me with a friend to help me fight.
Not even KNOWING about my particular vow to feel more joy about this holiday and for the RIGHT reasons-Tabitha has begun a delightful plan of emailing me everyday with a True Reason for Christmas...a TRUE reason to be joyful about!

So, this morning I almost cried again! But this time it was because of Beauty...because of the Truth of the Word of God...Because of the Lords fulfillment of prophecy...and what that MEANS!
Strangely enough I have been drawn to this chapter of Isaiah all weekend! Well, I guess its not THAT strange ;-) But, here is what Tabitha reminded me of this morning!

Isaiah 40
Comfort for God's People
1 Comfort, comfort my people,
says your God.
2 Speak tenderly to Jerusalem,
and proclaim to her
that her hard service has been completed,
that her sin has been paid for,
that she has received from the LORD's hand
double for all her sins.

3 A voice of one calling:
"In the desert prepare
the way for the LORD [a] ;
make straight in the wilderness
a highway for our God.

No comments: