January 16, 2006

The after effects...

of my migrane medicine is that it has CAFFINE in it...and this is why I am WIDE awake at 12:15am. meh.

So, until my sleepy meds kick in....


How long, O Lord? Wilt Thou forget me forever?
How long wilt Thou hide Thy face from me?
How long shall I take counsel in my soul,
Having sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long will my enemy be exalted over me?
Consider and answer me,
O Lord, my God;
Enlighten my eyes, lest I sleep
the sleep of death,
Lest my enemy say, "I have overcome him,"
Lest my adversaries rejoice when I am shaken.

But I have trusted in Thy lovingkindness,
My heart shall rejoice in Thy Salvation.
I will sing to the Lord,
Because He has dealt bountifully with me. ~Ps 13:1-6


...tonight I had a phone conversation with a friend...and later I read this in my daily bible reading....Somehow that conversation and this Psalm became one-and I am truly encouraged to know that the Lord is in ALL situations.
Why do I find it so hard to pray for victory over death, depression, and adversaries of every shape and size?...when HERE in the very word of God I am given Blessed Assurance that there is just that...Victory...waiting...it is already ours.
I will rejoice in that promise tonight. And I ask for Help to pray harder....Oh, how easily do I faulter...how easily do I fail to pray as I should!

No comments: