February 10, 2006

The Party Crashers

The party was going great and I was having a wonderful time with my the other party guests. It seemed that with every conversation I learned more about myself...about the other party guests and really, I was ultimately learning more and more about the Host of the party, for all the party games reflected aspects of the Host, the food that had been so carefully prepared, the guest list, even the very decorations...they all reflected the Host and the Host's amazing Love... It was truly the BEST party I had ever been to, and I was SO glad I had been invited.

Every now and then, I would hear rumors of the "after party" party and it seemed, from what I was hearing, that it was going to be EVEN better than this party-
From what I gathered, what made the after-party party different was you had a partner who hung out with you while you did all the party activities-which was cool, since there were times at THIS party that I would end up in some corner alone...not that that was really a BAD thing necessarily, it was just that it sounded like it would be more fun if I had this partner there to hang out with during those slowish moments, or say, to help me along in conversation when I didnt know exactly what to say, or cover up for me when I spilled punch all over the front of my shirt ( that always seemed to happen!), or to help me out with the answers I didnt know in the party games...yup, I thought...it would be cool to go to this after party party...
I also heard about other after party parties...the one where you got to do really cool things that required all the skills we'd been using when playing party games..the one where you moved to a different party location...each one sounded more grand then the last...

Unfortunately, the wonderful party started to feel less wonderful...I started to get distracted in conversations, during the party games and while in the buffet line...I would look around at the other party guests and wonder which one of them would be my partner at the after-party party, I started to wonder about the party games and whether or not I'd really get to use those amazing game skills at the after-party party, I looked at the pary decorations and thought how pitiful they must be in comparison to the after party party...I started to care less about my friends funny stories ( "I had heard them all before") , heck I was getting more than a little annoyed with the Host of the party ( He always seemed so quiet and unwilling to TELL me WHEN)..afterall, it seemed like TONS of people were already being hussled off to the after-party party. No FAIR, I thought, when WILL this party be over so I can move on to this after-party party?

The Party Planner pulled me aside..."Dont worry, the Party Planner said, At just the right time you will get to go to the after-party party, the Host knows JUST the right moments for these things, He has the best party-timing!"

I felt bad that I had been worrying about it so much, afterall, I KNEW that the Host had invited me to the after-party parties..so no more worrying!
SoI tried hard to focus on the party. But, then I realized how very FUN it was to just dream about the after-party party. In this way I wasnt hurting anybody, I was still walking around having chats with people, playing the party games, eating from the awesome buffet...but all the while I was thinking about the after-party party.... I mean, I was still an active guest at the party...so what were my daydreams hurting?...


So, that is what I wrote in my journal late late last night...yup, I'm a dork...and it probably doesnt make ANY sense to you at all...but it was helpful to me...and I guess the story isnt really over, because I kept writing it in my head...there is a part about a Party Crasher...and a giant fantasy-cake that makes you fat and immobile...but well, maybe some other time ;-) Instead, I'll just say that the words from "My Utmost for His Highest" this morning hit me right in the heart and reminded the great importance of being careful where my MIND is...

"If you have been bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, it will be one of the greatest assets to faith when the time of trial comes, because your faith and the Spirit of God will work together."


I HAVENT been bringing every thought into captivity...and I know that in the end those little stray thoughts get in the way of my Life and my Relationship with God...
*sigh* So much I need to work on! :-)

No comments: