March 11, 2006

Lord of the rings:the question.

The question: When will Abigail finish it?!

Answer: Who knows...maybe soon...but until then...more quotes.

'Do not be afraid," said Aragorn. "I came in time, and I have called ( Merry) back....these evils can be amended, so strong and gay a spirit is in him. His grief ge will not foget; but it will not darken his heart, it will teach him wisdom...
Suddenly Merry awoke, and he said: "I am hungy. What time is it?"

"Go at once! Ever since that night at Bree we have been a nuisance to you. But it is the way of my people to use light words at such times and say less than they mean. We fear to say too much. It robs us of the right words when a jest is out of place." (said Merry).
"I know that well, or I would not deal with you in the same way, said Aragorn. "may the Shire live for ever unwithered!"

At the doors of the Houses many were already gathered to see Aragorn, and they followed after him; and when at last he had supped, men came and prayed that he would heal their kinsmen or their friends whose lives were in peril through hurt or wound, or who lay under the Black Shadow. And Aragorn arose and went out, and he sent for the sons of Elrond, and together they laboured far into the night. And word went through the City: "The King is come again indeed."

Legolas: "...there I heard ( gulls) crying in the air as we rode to the battle of the ships. Then I stood still, forgetting war in Middle-Earth; for their wailing voices spoke to me of the Sea. The Sea! I have not yet beheld it. But deep in the hearts of all my kindred lies the sea-longing; which it is perilous to stir. Alas! for the gulls. No peace shall I have again under beech or under elm."

"Other evils there are that may come, for Suron is himself but a servant of emissary. Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years werein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule."

No comments: