June 05, 2006

I'm not so crazy!

So, when praying for some dear ones tonight, I remembered a poem that I wanted to share with them...and on my way to find it I came across THIS little gem! Oh how perfect! That's exactly my state at the moment...I had wondered how it could be possible for me to be praying for contentment in some things and then praying desparately for discontentment in others! Yet, there it was perfectly put, reassuring me that I'm not the only one...and also pushing me to pray for just that very paradox of peace and battle....resting yet persuing....



Teach me contentment, Lord, whate'er my lot,
keeping my eyes on You in trust,
knowing Your love is ture, Your way is just.

Teach discontentment, Lord, with what I am;
daily striving, growing daily nearer,
finding You are daily closer, dearer.

Contented, Lord, yet discontented make me,
both together working, blending
all in Your own glory ending.

No comments: