November 03, 2006

Prince Caspian Quotes Part 1.

So, as I continue to read through the Chronicles of Narnia...here they are, wonderful quotes from Prince Caspian


"Oh, I'm a dangerous criminal, I am," said the Dwarf cheerfully, "But that's a long story. Meantime, I was wondering if perhaps you were going to ask me to breakfast? You've no idea what an appetite it gives one, being executed."
~

"You may ask why I'm ( telling you about Old Narnia) at all. But, I have two reasons. Firstly, because my old heart has carried these secret memories so long that it aches with them and would burst if I did not whisper them to you..."

~
( Upon hearing that the enemy armies are coming) "Hurrah!" said a very shrill and small voice from somewhere at the Doctor's feet. "Let them come! All I ask is that the King will put me and my people in the front."
~

Caspian saw strange characters and snaky patterns, and pictures ( on the walls) in which the form of a Lion was repeated again and again. It all seemed to belong to an even older Narnia than the Narnia of which his nurse had told him.
~

"Wouldnt it be dreadful if some day in our own world, at home, men started going wild inside, like the animals here, and still looked like men, so that you'd never know which were which?"
~

'Aslan' said Lucy, "you're bigger."
"That's because you are older, little one," he answered.
"Not because you are?"
" I am not. But every year you grow, you will find me bigger."
~

"Oh Aslan," said Lucy. "You dont mean it was ( my fault)? How could I-I couldn't have left the others and come up to you alone, how could I? Don't look at me like that...oh well, I suppose I could. Yes, and it wouldnt have been alone, I know, not if I was with you...."
~

"Now, child" said Aslan. "I will wait here. Go and wake the others and tell them to follow. If they will not, then you at least must follow me alone."

~

"And so at last they got on the move. Lucy went first, biting her lip and trying not to say all the things she thought of saying to Susan. But she forgot them when she fixed her eyes on Aslan."

~

No comments: