First off, I some how MISSED David and Brendan's birthday on Sunday...I hate missing people's birthdays :-(
So, sorry, boys....I have a special place in my heart for both of you, your generous hearts and desire for Truth have continually opened my eyes to different ways of seeing this life, I'm SO GLAD you are my friends! I hope you had a goooooooood birthday.
Second of all, yesterday, someone made a comment to me that implied that I do not like my job. Now, this person was pretty repentent about implying such a thing ( probably because I was all indignent) -but it got me thinking....does it SEEM like I dont like my job because I will often discuss how it stresses me out?
Because, strangely enough, just because I'm stressed and just because I feel like I'm out of my league a lot of the time ( I'll tell you when we can talk about my website...) this does not mean that I dont like my job.
Weird but true.
But, I figure that since this was brought up, and sometimes even *i* need to be reminded... I've decided to list the things I really LIKE about my job:
1. I like going to work at 9am every single day....there is nothing like a schedule that's always the same to make me a little bit happier. Come to think of it, leaving at THREE is pretty cool too. ;-)
2. I really enjoy getting "history lessons" from alumni that call up in a nostalgic frame of mind.
3. I like writing about people in the Daily Sentinel which can really make someones day.
4. Come to think of it, I really DO have the opportunity to make people's day just about every day-by just listening and paying attention.
5. I am blogging right now. Do I need to say more?
6. I have learned ( AM LEARNING) how to do some accounting...and web design....this is totally out of my comfort zone. But that's good...
7. A lot of my job is correspondence, newsletters, news articles, and all sorts of other written words. And yes, the written word is one of four things that I am truly confident in my abilities.
8. I get a PAID SUMMER HOLIDAY, a PAID CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY, a PAID THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY annnnnnd PAID SPRING BREAK. This rocks.
9. Sometimes its nice having a HUGE office all to myself...sometimes.
10. I can listen to any music I want.