November 15, 2006

days that fly...

So, this morning, I cried while reading the paper....I've gotten in the habit of reading the obituaries, because unfortunately, NHS Alumni die on a daily basis...but, normally I dont cry...
there is a typical pattern of writing obits...they usually start with sometime like, "Funeral services for Mr. John Brown, 78 will be help at 2 pm on thursday Nov. 2...."

But sometimes they are different...and today I read this:

The family and friends of Terri Lynn Byrd announce and celebrate her entrance into the Kingdom of Heaven on Monday, November 13, 2006. Having sojourned on earth for 45 years, Herri now resides in the presence of her Lord and Svior, Jesus Christ....

I am almost tempted to type out the whole thing...because its just that beautiful. But, I wont..because for one thing its brought tears to my eyes yet again....but there is a quote from Terri further down talking about her fight with cancer:

I simply realized that my days, like everyone's were already numbered. I'm making the most of them; and ultimately, I am healed because I have Eternal Life.

That, is beautifully said...and how true is this? Our days are numbered...we do live here only temporarily and to live for the Glory of God and the desire to see others find Life is truly all there is...

Yesterday afternoon I had a little chat with Carmi over the internet-we were discussing the Fight. It seems that casualties and set backs are surrounding us on every side, and I dont think Carmi will mind me saying this...but sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming to think of all those who need our prayers...all those who we don't see any push forward, any change...if anything they are falling farther away from the truth. How can this be? How can such things be said about our Lord and Savior?! It's a slap in the face....

Today I was reminded of His gift to us...its not just eternal life, its not just forgiveness of sin...its LOVE...its having the peace of knowing His love. Sometimes our faith faulters, sometimes the love is harder to grasp but its ALWAYS there.
Reading about the Life of this women today, knowing that her friends and family really were rejoicing in sorrow. It was beautiful and it was testimony of Truth. That kind of peace cannot be created from anything other than true Faith.

So, it is for that faith...that love....that hope....that peace that I pray for all those who are struggling today. He would leave the 99 and go after the one...today I will pray for all the ones in my life. Because, as much as I love them...He loves them all the more.

No comments: