December 10, 2006

morbid?

So, I sat down to have a quiet time and every single verse I read pertained to death.

Ummm...the evening before you have surgery, you start to wonder.... ;-)

But, since the mortality rate for this surgery is really not high. hahaha.
I will instead rejoice in the glory of the Lord tonight for this life is not our own. How beautiful that we could wake up in the Kingdom of Heaven without a care, a pain, a worry....its truly beautiful.

Has anyone read Daily Light for December 8th-10th?! Because seriously, its just STOCK full of good stuff...

I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far...
~~
I go to prepare a place for you. I will come again and recieve you to Myself that where I am, there you will be also.
~~~
After my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God.


And, well, I'm lame so I can't help but quote the Lord of the Rings:


" Is this the End, Gandalf?"

"The journey doesn't end here. Death is another path. One we all must take. The grey curtain of this world rolls back and all turns to silver grass. And then you see it...."

"What? See what?"

"White shores and beyond...the fair great country and a swift sunrise."

"Well...that isnt so bad, is it?"

" No, no it is not...."


So while tonight I marvel at the beauty of a Death in Christ, I must also pray for a Life in a Christ...oh that I might Live it well.

No comments: