May 16, 2007

The difference of a day...

Honestly, I do not know why one day I can be so overwhelmed, and feel so very sad and pitiful. And then the next day I can somehow handle it a bit better and go ahead and be happy despite the million and one things I need to do.
Whatever the reason...today. better. much better.

On another note, normally I absolutely make fun of songs that kind of have that "I have so many lyrics I'm practically talking"...but the Natalie Grant song "Held" makes me cry. As in tears....
Of course, lots of things make me cry at the moment....like the very last episode of Gilmore Girls ( ever! meh!)...I had tears rolling down my face pretty much the whole episode. I can't believe its OVER!! No more Lorelei and Rory banter.....BOO.
I'm lame.

But, here, back to the point... if you haven't heard this song...you really should go listen to it, because it has a wonderful message.


...If hope is born of suffering.
If this is only the beginning.
Can we not wait for one hour watching for our Savior?

This is what it means to be held.
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive.
This is what it is to be loved.
And to know that the promise was
When everything fell we’d be held.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have loved that song since i first heard it...i downloaded it immediately. love you

Stacey said...

Natalie Grant came and sang at our church for Fourth of July last year. We have a huge fireworks thing that we do and she was the entertainment. I didn't know what her song, Held, was really about until she told us that night, now it makes me cry, too!
In case you don't know the story behind it, it goes something like this:
The lady that wrote the song had tried for years to get pregnant and when they finally did, the baby died a few months later while sleeping in her crib. So the song is about losing their baby. Very sad, but a great song.

Anonymous said...

That song made me cry too! My roommate listened to it nonstop for weeks last year, and I always had it stuck in my head.

-Amy

Anonymous said...

thanks for the welcome back. my new blogs probably won't be near enough what "the" book should be, but there's nothing wrong with throwing out some thoughts. ahh...the beauty of blogs. :) have a good rest of your week.