July 26, 2007

blog/friend

Oh man, I feel like I'm sitting down to talk to a dear friend who I havent seen in FOREVER! I dont even know where to begin!!! I hate this not being able to blog at any given moment thing, especially since its not like I have many people to talk to these days...

But, I'm sitting in this adorable little coffee shop that's within walking distance of our apartment using their free wifi and drinking ginger tea ( for my stomache) so lets get started on a REAL catch up...

First of all, its already Thursday and the apartment is still an absolute wreck. Considering "unpacking and cleaning" are my only two jobs at the moment you would THINK I would have accomplished more. Today the mess and the disorganization and the ugginess of the apartment finally took its toll and I had to run away...I suppose my biggest excuse for having not accomplished more is that I have been fighting whatever stomache bug I contracted in the Bahamas...but after a full 48 hours of only ginger ale and campbell's chicken and stars soup I am feeling semi-me again. I think this'll be a relief to all the people around me too. As in Brett. He's the only person I've seen in the past four days. Bless his heart.

For those of you that are detail types: Brett's day starts at 4:30 ( and I've been a SUPER GROWN-UP girl and gotten up with him two of the three days he's been back at work! WOOO! And the one day I didnt get up it was because I had spent the night alternating between throwing up and lying on the bathroom floor crying...so yeah, I feel like that's a good excuse.) and then Brett leaves for work around 6am...and doesnt usually get home until around six pm. Today, however, he was able to come home for lunch for about an hour which was a nice surprise. But, most days its just me. I guess this will inevitably not last ( this solitude) so I shouldnt complain. Its really not that bad-and considering I've spent the last month with an average of a four person entourge around me at pretty much all times I guess I'm due some aloneness....

Tonight, is my first official night of going to Brett's weekly bible study. I dont know too much about it, except that it seems rather intense ( as does everything associated with the Navigators from my own limited experience) but I'll let you know how it goes. I'm frankly just excited to see people and you know, have conversations. That'll be something new. ;-)

I'm already feeling a lot more energetic just typing this, blogging is so theraputic. I dont know why anyone would ever stop.
Honestly.

So, there is a little sign on the door of the coffee house that says "Now Hiring". My heart kindof jumped a beat in my chest when I saw it. Should I apply?! What do you guys think?
I'll pray about that...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say go for it. Working for a coffee shop can't be bad!

Aaron

Carina said...

You should totally apply!!!

Country or City Girl said...

Go for it! I worked in a coffee shop my first year of college and I think it was one of my top jobs of all time. Free hot chocolate and you get to make people smile. Plus you learn how to do cool things with whipped cream.

Anonymous said...

You should apply! But what happened to you wanting to work in a book store? It was good tp hear your voice on wedensday night.