February 29, 2008

Days go by...

So, my bible verse for this week took me to this wonderful chapter....a chapter I definitely needed this week:

Remember my affliction and my wandering, the wormwood and bitterness.
Surely my soul remembers
And is bowed down within me.
This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.
The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
"The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
"Therefore I have hope in Him."
The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
To the person who seeks Him.
It is good that he waits silently
For the salvation of the LORD.
It is good for a man that he should bear
The yoke in his youth.
Let him sit alone and be silent
Since He has laid it on him.
Let him put his mouth in the dust,
Perhaps there is hope.
~Lamentations 3: 22-29


Incidentally my verses for memorizing are 22 and 23....I havent really gotten them down pat yet, but that's ok...I'm getting there :-) I bought this ADORABLE business card holder from the "Real Simple" product line at Target, and it holds my memory verses perfectly. Half the battle is having a cute carrying case for these babies. ;-) Yes, I have priorities. I am a well accessorized Christian.

In other news, this week has just GONE. I dont even know what happened to it!! Time just flies and I wake up one day and its Friday and I wonder just what I accomplished.....well, if you must know: coffee dates with girl friends, over due chats with dear friends on the phone, surprise birthday parties, army "mandatory" functions and the decisions to read The Hobbit again after years and years. I think that about sums it up. ;-)


Last night was the army function which I spent talking to one of Brett's fellow platoon leaders-he's a really cool guy who's started coming to church with us ( which is awesome!)-he was born in India although totally brought up in the states. And if you've seen the movie The Namesake ( or read the book for that matter) he says that's basically his life. So, interesting. ( and if you HAVEN'T seen this movie or read the book...DO IT. They're good.) Anyway, so back to our evening at the army function. He's a cool guy and I found out he's actually in a BOOK CLUB! Which, as well all know, my secret desire is to be in a book club...so I asked him if I could join. I'm really hoping he follows through with his promise because it sounds like a very interesting group. Basically, there goal is to read books about the "un-sung hero's of war"... stories of small battles, men changed by war and battle but who were not necessarily generals or players in major battles. Sounds cool. And definitely not something I would necessarily get involved in on my own....

Today is my day off, and it turned out Brett and I BOTH got to sleep in, since we ( by powers of amazing persuasion and the grace of God...) were able to convince his CO ( commanding officer) to have a late call of 0900 when we were having dinner with him last night!! It was fun to listen to Brett call up his men and tell them the good news...you could just HEAR the happiness. I think the convincing factor was the CO got a call from his three year old daughter while we were at dinner and even for a NONfamily guy like him, you could tell he hadnt spent time with her ( as he said, "in two days") and even he was starting to feel bad.
Anyway, it was a miracle and Brett and I got to get up when the SUN was already up!!! YAY!
Of course, this means I'm now totally running late....gotta run!

No comments: