May 16, 2008

And then God said, "LISTEN! FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!!!"

So, as I said yesterday I’d given off trying to read into things, or figure out what God wants us to do regarding moving until I’ve spent just a leeedle more time praying about it and reading the Bible with this move in mind. Afterall, the bad mood I got into every time I started to imagine staying in Washington, or imagine moving to Kansas long term…or anything else daydreaming style…it all kind of clued me in on the fact that I was doing the WRONG. THING. Of course, I then read this* during my quiet time this afternoon and I was like, YEEEEEAH….sounds about right. Why don’t I stop and listen more often?! Why is this lesson so hard to learn?!

*Isaiah 30-“Woe to the rebellious children, declares the Lord, who executes a plan, but not Mine, and makes alliances, but not of my Spirit…who proceeds down to Egypt without consulting me…(9)For this is a rebellious people, false sons, sons who refuse to listen to the instruction of the Lord…(15) “In repentance and rest you will be saved. In quietness and trust is your strength.” ( 19) He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cries, when He hears it, He will answer you….(20) Your eyes will behold your Teacher..(21) your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it; whenever you turn to the right or to the left.”

No comments: