Don't forget my blog!!!!
I've always been afraid that if I stopped blogging for too long that everyone would stop reading it, and that's pretty much on par with having people not listen to your awesome stories while at a party. or something else equally bad.
Anyway, lately I've not wanted to take the time to blog because I have this intense feeling of needing to BE in every single moment. a.k.a. I wanted to make sure I spent as much time with Brett as possible. Thus the no blog posts.
But currently Brett is uploading songs to his ipod ( which takes years if you have a lot of music-which we do.) so I'm taking this time to update you on our lives in the past few days....
Things we've done to make us happy before Brett leaves for the Middle East:
1. We've gained weight. I'm not exactly sure how much, but I'm doubting the giant and terrible-for-you meals we've been eating haven't been without consequence. But, we've gained weight at places like: Chipotle, Cracker Barrel, Cheesecake Factory, Chili's....WHOA. I had no idea how they all started with "C" but that is AWESOME!
2. We've watched happy movies and TV shows...mostly "Pushing Daisies: Season One" ( which totally reminds me of the movie Big Fish, in that it looks just like a fairy tale should..)oh, and we've watched lots of kid movies such as Cars and Toy Story 2 and Kung Fu Panda ( which we saw in a hotel room, and we were extra excited about since it doesnt come out on DVD till after Brett leaves and he was sad...)
3. We've read books. And bought books. Two of our favorite things, I don't think Brett and I will ever stop enjoying these two activities.
4. We played hangman. ( man, iphones are great...)
5. We went to a lake/dam. We took dam pictures and had a fun filled dam day.
6. We took care of important, last minute tasks that needed to be done before Brett leaves, and I'm proud to say that we've, so far, been able to leave the "stressed out" feeling at the door...this has been a major answer to prayer for me!!!
7. We went for a random drive and looked at people's houses...and wondered what they did.
8. We talked about the future. And then laughed.
9. Brett bet me that a table of girls at a restaurant would know the name of the car from Knight Rider. He lost.
10. I bet Brett that any random person that we called on the phone would know who Emily Post was. I lost.
11. We've talked our dreams and about God. They kinda go hand in hand.
12. We've talked about books we've read, and books we'd like to write.
13. We've slept in.
14. We've stayed up late.
15. We've been thankful for every second.