November 06, 2008

When the day is done

Well, we did it. Brett left, and I let him go. In fact, here it is 7pm and I have yet to cry. I just feel a giant hole in my chest, or maybe pressure on my heart....either way this definitely hurts! But, that's really no surprise is it? What is worth mentioning is that I woke up with the praise song "I am Free" ( which if you haven't heard the live recording of this... You need to- I get goosebumps every time! Anyway, that's how I started the day,oddly enough, and praise definitely was the theme from then on... I can only be grateful for how smoothly the past week has gone- and even today and yesterday which were most definitely the hardest, I can still say they were filled with beautiful memories with Brett...and on the drive home after saying goodbye...all I could do was praise God for His provisions.
I am heartbroken, but at the same time I am assured that the Lord who made me free from sin also holds the hearts of my marriage.Brett's path is already paved...and so is mine. Today we took the first steps onto a new, granted very bumpy, road!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you and Brett. We have been praying for you daily and for you to find joy in the midst of struggle.
amber