January 23, 2009

caffeine high

So, today I took a big deep breath.
Of course, I had no choice really....I was an hour long drive thru line for my meds at Madiagan Hospital ( you'd THINK the drive thru would be faster than the inside pharmacy...you'd be wrong). But, anyway, I took the time to sit in my car with the music up nice and loud...and thanks to my wonderful/fabulous phone I was able to do the following:
-texts some invites for this evenings wii tournament
-reply to several emails
-put some new appointments into my calendar.
-Read chapter 3 of Genesis as part of my preparation for bible study on sunday
-catch up on some blogs
-text some people about coming to church on Sunday
-call my sister
-play a few iphone games

Nice....I don't know what I use to do without my phone! Man, that must have been lame. ;-)

In other news, remember how I was bemoaning the fact that I still hadn't been able to pursue job openings like I had planned? Well, yesterday I woke praying....I felt overcommited and a bit stressed-but my day turned out GREAT! My first coffee date was at Starbucks......the day before I had tried to no avail to get to a starbucks to pick up their application to fill out....and there I was for a coffee date! So I picked one up on the way out the door! And then on to my next coffee date of the day....which was at the Forzas Coffee place in Dupont ( a short walk from my front door)...where I was able to drop off my resume and cover letter on my way in for my coffee date! YAY!
And THEN my coffee date this MORNING was at Starbucks again, but this time it was at the Starbucks that I actually want to apply at, so I was able to drop off my filled out application. WOO!
Isn't that splendid?!
I was able to do all the ministry things that I wanted to do, PLUS do the personal things that I really wanted to get done...It was just nice confirmation that even if I don't get a job, I know that God has a hand in everything I do...

Now, I know, I know...you're probably all marveling about how many times I have coffee in a day...and believe me I think its pretty intense too! But, I promise...I really doubt its gonna be this hardcore for the rest of the year...right now I'm just trying to make sure I meet up with all the girls that I need to ( and that's quite a few!), to make sure i get a good feel for what's going on and what everyone needs....so far, its been a blast! I've been praying for these girls for a few weeks now and I feel like there is a LOT of cool things that have the potential to happen this year! I'm in over my head...but just exactly where i want to be. :-)

I'm pretty sure I need to go back to decafe though...I feel off the wagon this week...but my sleep is suffering big time!! My poor body is not use to three coffees in one day! hahaha

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like a perfect world for you would be getting a job at a coffee place with a good discount ... then you could have your coffee meetings and get it on the cheap ;-).

Ffdskl Edhchgerg said...

Well it sounds to me like you already have a job! (well, minus the paycheck haha).

I've struggled a lot with the idea of getting a "real job". I started feeling guilty when I wasn't doing something -- I mean everyone else is "at work" during the day, I should too right?

I'm learning that I need to change my perception of what a productive day looks like -- I don't have to be "busy" to be productive.

I'm interested to see how and where God guides and directs you -- It will be exciting, I'm sure of it!

Ffdskl Edhchgerg said...

Oh, and regarding the iPhone, I'm starting to reach that point where mine is a productivity tool -- it made me very unproductive the first few days haha.

Anonymous said...

Abbey in the weekend I introduced someone to coffee. She is 23 and she has never ever drunk a whole cup of coffee!
My thought was, if only you were here I am pretty sure you would be able to convince her with your coolness factor that coffee is the way to go.

Love
Mel